Meet MasterMinds Group member Dr. Sarah David
Top 5 Benefits of Creating a Strong Personal Brand Online
What is a personal brand? Your personal brand is a reflection of YOU: your opinions, your values, and your beliefs are visibly expressed by what you say, what you do, as well as how you do it.
The primary goal of personal branding is to utilize who you are and what you want to be known for to help you stand out among your competitors.
Branding puts you top of mind for your customers so they think of you as the ONLY solution to solving their problem.
Personal Branding benefits you by helping you narrow your focus, hone your skills and have a clear vision of your passions. That message is then communicated to your target market.
A strong personal brand has many other benefits as well and these benefits can help you also stand out online. Below you will find five of them:
- Online your brand will propel you to the top in your marketplace; you will gain admiration, trust, respect, and admiration when your name and message are embedded repeatedly into the consciousness of your target market.
- The branding process helps you take control of your identity and influence the perception others have about you and the services you offer. Your brand should be consistent across social media platforms to help with consistency which makes your brand even stronger. For example, your profile picture should be consistent across social media platforms.
- Having a strong brand creates a sense of individuality and “separateness” in the marketplace. Your clients will be easily be able to differentiate your company from your competitors. Colors, tag lines and messaging contribute to your personal brand.
- Consistency is key. The more visible you are to your target audience, the more you will be perceived as an expert in your field. When you establish yourself as an expert in your area of specialty you will gain name recognition where it counts the most – in your customer’s mind. Brand consistency gives you an opportunity to communicate your message across social media platforms in order to make a lasting impression and express your individuality.
- Gain followers, friends and connections. A strong personal brand online will enable you to effortlessly attract clients and opportunities. You will position yourself in the mind of your marketplace as THE service provider of choice to dominate your market and command higher fees – in other words, work less and make more!
- Having integrity and presenting the best YOU in everything you do whether online, through social media or in your professional or personal life are the first steps in building a strong personal brand online.
Dr. Sarah David is the CEO of Social Savvy Sarah. She uses her passion for branding and social networking to empower small businesses, corporations, college & universities, realtors and other professionals offering products and services to use social media to build their brands and be socially savvy. Visit her at www.socialsavvysarah.com for free personal branding and social media tools for your Social Savvy Success!